Projects are diverse in their nature, so a wide range of competencies is required to manage them and other similar systems and programmes. This qualification aims to provide the foundation or the initial skills required for an individual in an organisation to conduct projects successfully; be an effective project team member; undertake a range of project management administration or support tasks and contribute to the planning and execution of projects or sub-projects. It is designed for people working in a project environment as a team member, project administrator or leader of a small project/sub-project.
Who should attend?
This qualification is intended for those with prior work experience or an NQF Level 3 qualification in project management or business administration or equivalent. The learners accessing this qualification will be working in or with project management teams or using a project approach to their business. These projects may be technical projects, business projects, government projects or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system.
Entry requirements (learning assumed to be in place)
- Communication & Mathematical Literacy NQFL3
- Computer Literacy NQFL3
- Understanding of the workplace, project processes and operations. Competence in National Certificate at L3 in Business Administration or Project Support Services or equivalent preferred
On achieving this Qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Work with others to undertake or support the project management activities.
- Assist the project manager and/or project team by contributing and participating in planning, execution and control activities.
- Provide support to the administration of a project.
For electives one of:
- Supervise a project team of a small project to deliver project objectives.
- Support the project environment and management activities to deliver project objectives.
- Describe and apply specialised technical methods, tools and techniques to a project to deliver project objectives.
This qualification is run as a Learnership over a 12 month period. Candidates will need to attend 3 days (on average) of training each month in addition to completing their assignments.
What you need to do
You will need to register your Learners with the SETA to whom you pay your skills levy. They will inform Services SETA of your intention. Your company will receive all the tax incentives and skills development benefits associated with registering a Learnership.