Purpose of Programme
The purpose of the qualification is to build the knowledge and skills required by employees in junior management who have had schooling below NQF level 3. It is intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as junior managers in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and changing world of work.
As a qualification that covers management, it provides a background for learners to develop abilities that will enable them to become skilled junior managers. It introduces some theoretical concepts, requires the application of a limited base of knowledge and requires a well-developed range of skills that will enable learners to be informed workers in their chosen industry. It provides a balanced learning experience that allows flexible access to further education, lifelong learning, higher education and to productive employment in a range of occupational contexts. It provides an opportunity for learners to learn and apply academic skills in relation to management and will provide them with skills to adapt to changes in work procedures and processes in business and industry.
At the end of the programme you will be able to
- Carry out simple research tasks.
- Interpret current affairs related to a specific business sector.
- Recognise the effect of HIV/AIDS on the specific workplace, business sub-sector and own organisation.
- Apply knowledge of self and team to enhance team performance.
- Maintain records.
- Manage time and the work process.
- Explain the structure of an organisation.
- Conduct a formal meeting.
- Induct a new member of a team.
- Motivate a team.
- Describe the management function of an organisation.
The Programme is intended for candidates who
- Have attained a National Certificate: Level 2 and wish to continue on a path of life-long learning in the field of management.
- Were previously disadvantaged and were therefore denied access to Further Education and Training or management positions.
- Wish to extend their range of skills and knowledge of management so that they progress within their chosen career path.
- Are team leaders or supervisors and wish to improve their management skills.
- See themselves as future managers and need to start their training at the lower end of management.